By Shira Landau, Editor-in-Chief, CyberTalk.org.
In recent years, artificial intelligence (AI) has become one of the most sure-fire and strategic tools available for cyber security professionals. Due to the increasing sophistication of cyber attacks, cyber security experts have broadly turned to AI in order to enhance abilities to detect and prevent cyber threats.
As it stands, nearly 50% of enterprises are already using a combination of artificial intelligence and machine learning tools to improve cyber security outcomes, and 92% of organizations plan to adopt these types of tools in the future.
Powerful AI technology is particularly useful for identifying and mitigating security threats that are difficult or impossible to detect manually, such as zero-day exploits, polymorphic malware, and advanced persistent threats. AI-based tools can also help streamline tasks, lower costs, augment under-resourced operations and enable security professionals to work ‘smarter.’
Are you ready to take your organization’s cyber security to the next level? With AI, you can stay ahead of the curve and protect your organization from the most advanced of cyber threats. In this article, explore the incredible ways in which AI is enhancing and revolutionizing cyber security and the digital world.
- A spike in cyber attacks has helped fuel market growth for AI-based cyber security products.
- The global market for AI-based cyber security products is estimated to reach $133.8 billion by 2030.
- AI-based tools enable cyber security professionals to work smarter and more efficiently than is otherwise possible.
How AI is revolutionizing cyber security
1. Threat detection. One of the most significant challenges that cyber security professionals face is the sheer volume of data that they need to sift through. Given the number of internet-connected devices (IoT growth is projected to reach 3.22 billion in North America alone in 2023), there is a seemingly insatiable appetite for data processing.
Artificial intelligence technology is extremely helpful when it comes to efficiently and accurately analyzing large volumes of data, rendering AI an essential tool for cyber security professionals. Algorithms can quickly analyze patterns in data to identify threats and to detect anomalous behavior.
2. Automation. AI is also being deployed in order to automate and streamline aspects of cyber security. In turn, this enables cyber security professionals to focus on investigating and mitigating complex threats, while AI takes care of tedious or monotonous basic tasks.
3. Machine learning. Another advantage of AI-powered cyber security systems consists of its ability to learn from past attacks and to improve on existing threat detection capabilities.
By looking at data from past attacks, machine learning algorithms can identify patterns, and then actually develop new and sophisticated detection methods. Over time, this development makes breaching systems tougher for cyber criminals.
4. Insider threats. Artificial intelligence is particularly useful in cyber security when it comes to detecting and responding to insider threats. These threats are tricky to detect, as the individuals involved always have legitimate access to a given network.
Nonetheless, AI-powered systems can analyze user behavior, and thereby identify patterns that indicate an insider threat. Such patterns can then be flagged for further investigation.
5. Endpoint security. AI is also being used to enhance endpoint security. Traditional endpoint security solutions rely on signature-based detection, which involves identifying known threats and blocking them. But this approach is losing its effectiveness.
AI-powered endpoint security solutions leverage machine learning algorithms to identify anomalous behavior and to detect previously unknown threats. This approach is more effective than what traditional endpoint security solutions can offer, as it can identify threats that would otherwise remain unnoticed.
6. Finally, AI is being used to improve threat intelligence. By analyzing large volumes of data from disparate sources, AI-powered threat intelligence solutions can zero in on potential threats and offer early warnings around new types of attacks. This information can then be used to develop optimally effective cyber security strategies and to advance the overall security posture of an organization.
AI is revolutionizing the field of cyber security by providing cyber security professionals with the tools that they need to detect, prevent and respond to cyber threats.
Are you drowning in data? Struggling to keep up amidst the ever-evolving threat landscape? Get ready for whatever comes your way! Explore AI-based cyber security tools that make it easier (and more efficient) than ever to protect your systems. Click here to learn more and to start applying AI’s game-changing capabilities within your business.
Want to stay up-to-date with the latest and greatest in cyber security? Check out the CyberTalk.org newsletter! Sign up today to receive top-notch news articles, best practices and expert analyses; delivered straight to your inbox.