Investing in AI? Don’t forget to invest in AI talent.
In the modern business world, Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools are like powerful and versatile Swiss Army knives. As a Swiss Army knife offers a wide range of capabilities that can be adapted to a variety of situations, AI tools provide enterprises with a comprehensive range of functions that can be customized to fit specific industry or organizational needs.
Artificial intelligence tools have become integral to many enterprise operations, enabling businesses to stay on track and to achieve goals. Investing in artificial intelligence can result in improved efficiency, enhanced decision making, a reduction in errors, innovation, better cyber security, and can confer a myriad of other advantages.
In the long-run, enterprises using AI may be better equipped to adapt to changing marketplace conditions, and better able to stay ahead of the competition. However, for businesses that invest in AI, it also pays to invest in AI talent.
AI professionals can help businesses harness the power of AI in order to drive efficiency, innovation and growth. AI professionals are the ones who can really help make certain AI investments worthwhile. The question is, where can you find top-tier AI talent in an abrasively competitive talent market?
The best places to find AI talent
- Universities. The world’s top universities offer AI programs. These institutions include the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Carnegie Mellon University, Stanford University and the University of California, Berkeley.
- Industry conferences. Attending industry conferences, such as the Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurlIPS) and the International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML) can connect you with experts in the field.
- Online platforms. Websites such as TopCoder, Kaggle and CrowdANALYTIX host AI competitions, which can assist you in identifying top AI talent.
- LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a valuable resource for sourcing AI talent. On LinkedIn, you can search for professionals with relevant skills and experience, and even list job openings.
- Startup incubators. Startup incubators like Y Combinator and Techstars support early-stage startups and can help you find AI talent for your team.
- Professional associations. Joining professional associations, such as the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) can put you in touch with experts and job seekers in the AI talent pool.
- Online communities. Online communities, such as Reddit and GitHub, have AI-focused groups and forums that enable individuals to connect with AI professionals.
- Open Source projects. If you have the development skills, contributing to open source AI projects can help you build your network and find AI talent.
- AI hackathons. These events bring together AI talent of divergent backgrounds in order to solve complex AI challenges.
- Recruitment agencies. Recruitment agencies like Harnham and TechNET IT specialize in recruiting AI talent and can help you find the right talent for your initiatives.
AI talent is key in unlocking the full potential of artificial intelligence. The insights above are designed to help you get the talent that you need to achieve the business wins that you want. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to harness the power of AI and to take your company to new heights of success!
For more insights into artificial intelligence, please see CyberTalk.org’s past coverage. Lastly, to receive more cutting-edge cyber security news, best practices and analyses, please sign up for the CyberTalk.org newsletter.