We are living in uncertain times. The coronavirus pandemic continues to affect how we work and how we live. While there’s nothing funny about the coronavirus pandemic, a little humor during daunting times can go a long way. To uplift your mood, here at Cyber Talk, we’ve rounded up a selection of funny cyber security and tech quotes and memes that might bring you a laugh.
Funny cyber security quotes
- “A data breach is about both privacy and security. And security becomes very, very important because you can’t have privacy unless you have good security. And if someone tries to say otherwise, they are crazy people!” –Dr. Larry Ponemon at SecureWorld Detroit
- “If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.”–Richard Clarke
- “Someone cracked my password. Now I need to rename my puppy.” –Unknown
- “Will my smart fridge tell my mother about my chocolate cake addiction?”–Unknown
- “For me personally, cloud security isn’t a worry. My data is such a mess that no one would find anything anyway.”–Anonymous
- “In the underworld, reality itself has elastic properties and is capable of being stretched into different definitions of the truth.” —Roderick Vincent
- “Toughen up cupcake, the Prince of Nigeria is sad too; no one falls for his emails anymore.” –Anonymous
- “In the digital era, privacy must be a priority. Is it just me, or is secret blanket surveillance obscenely outrageous?” —Al Gore
- “I’ve come to the conclusion that if you give a data point to a company, they will eventually sell it, leak it, lose it or get hacked and relieved of it. There really don’t seem to be any exceptions….” —Brian Krebs
- “What happens in Vegas ends up on YouTube.” —Tim Lebrecht
Funny tech quotes
- “Whoever said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results has obviously never had to reboot a computer.”–William Petersen
- “Why are iPhone chargers not called Apple Juice?!”–Unknown
- “Don’t worry, I’m from the IT team.” –Unknown
- “Technology is like a fish. The longer it stays on the shelf, the less desirable it becomes.”–Andrew Heller
- “You’re not online anymore…Did you suddenly get a life?” –Techie’s friend
- “If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into committees. That’ll do them in.” –Unknown
- “Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window.” —Steve Wozniak
- “Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.” —Pablo Picasso
- “If you think that patience is a virtue, try running a business without high-speed internet.”–Unknown
And if you need a joke to share with your colleagues or employees today, this one can brighten up the day: Do you know how many programmers it takes to change a light bulb? Zero, it’s a hardware problem.
The collective loss of normalcy on account of the coronavirus pandemic has likely affected every individual across every organization. The occasional bit of humor helps humans regain control, even amidst a crisis. For more fun cyber security content, check out Netflix: 5 ways to improve account security.
Lastly, to receive cutting-edge cyber security news, exclusive interviews, detailed analyses and the latest security resources, please sign up for the CyberTalk.org newsletter.